PAW Multivitamin + Tryptophan Chews have been developed to provide your dog with a daily dose of B vitamins, antioxidants, Vitamin A and E and tryptophan to support their general health and wellbeing.
PAW by Blackmores Multivitamin + Tryptophan Chews are a tasty kangaroo treat that can help to rebalance your pet, increase energy and help with sleep and behaviour. Each 300g tub contains 60 chews which will last an average dog 2 months. Many dogs are extremely fussy with what they will eat. Providing a multi-vitamin such as PAW Multi + Tryptophan can make up for any deficits, particularly with vitamins that are not stored in the body. Antioxidants and B vitamins also help support the immune system and optimise health and wellbeing, particularly for senior canines. Some research has shown a positive effect of the essential amino acid tryptophan on behaviour problems such as aggression. If your dog is anxious, barks excessively or shows behavioural aggression, a nutritional supplement may be a drug free alternative to providing support to your pet, however, research continues to develop around this. Please advise your Veterinarian that your pet is taking this supplement, whenever they prescribe a new medication. Tryptophan, like some antidepressant medications, has the potential to increase levels of the feel-good hormone serotonin in the brain. You can sometimes have too much of a good thing and this increase can induce serotonin syndrome. Explore our complete PAW by Blackmores range today and help provide your canine companion with the nutrients they need to live happy, healthy and content.
- Under 5kg give ½ chew daily
- 5-25kg give 1 chew daily
- Over 25kg give 2 chews daily
Why Should I Choose PAW Multivitamin + Tryptophan Chews?
- For dogs that need immune support and anti-oxidants, particularly senior canines
- If you have a fussy dog and you are concerned as to whether they are eating a balanced diet, multivitamins can ensure some of the deficiencies are corrected
- If your dog is anxious, barks excessively, is distressed when you leave the house, is destructive, aggressive or is fearful B vitamins and tryptophan may help
- Dogs that pace at night may improve with PAW Multi + Tryptophan
When Should I Use Something Else?
- You should not use PAW Multi + Tryptophan if your dog is already receiving another medication that increases serotonin levels in the brain such as chlorpheniramine (a type of antihistamine), opiods (eg. tramadol or buprenorphine), clomipramine or amitriptyline (both tricyclic antidepressants), fluoxetine (a serotonin reuptake inhibitor) or selegiline (known as Vivitonin and used for senile dementia)
- If your pet is going under anaesthesia, please advise your Vet that they have taken this medication, as it can cause serotonin syndrome if given with the opiods that are sometimes used as premedication. You will need to stop giving the multivitamin 48 hours prior to anaesthesia
What else do I need?
Multivitamins are only designed to support and provide balance for smaller gaps in your pets overall diet. If your dog is only eating a handful of BBQ chicken and does not eat a variety of foods or formulated pet food, seek advice on what you can do to try and improve eating habits as a multivitamin alone will not complete their nutritional needs. If your pet suffers from allergies, joint pain or skin conditions our Health & Wellbeing range for Dogs and Cats may also help you provide them with relief.