Sentinel Spectrum Yellow for Medium Dogs is a flavoured monthly chew that protects your dog against fleas, heartworm and all intestinal worms in one convenient package.
Sentinel is an incredibly convenient and popular product for all-round protection against parasites in dogs. While other broad spectrum treatments miss out on the active ingredient praziquantel that kills tapeworm, Sentinel effectively kills tapeworm along with whipworm, roundworm, hookworm and heartworm. Sentinel also has a flea insect growth regulator called lufenuron that breaks the flea breeding cycle. This ensures that any fleas on your pet can’t lay viable eggs. If you live in an environment with large numbers of fleas, you can use an additional flea treatment such as Comfortis, Advantix, Advantage or Capstar to kill adult fleas. Sentinel is incredibly tasty to dogs. The beef flavoured chew is so palatable that 97% of dogs will take it like a treat, what could be easier! This ultra-safe product is tested to be suitable in puppies from 6 weeks of age, can be used in breeding animals and is safe in collie breeds. It has been safety tested up to 10x the recommended dose
Why Should I Choose Sentinel Spectrum for Medium Dogs?
- Safe, effective all-round internal parasite protection.
- Effective at breaking the flea life-cycle.
- No need to worry about the product washing off or getting on the kids or other pets.
When Should I Use Something Else?
- For dogs with flea allergies or in problem flea areas, an additional flea killer is needed.
- If it has been more than 6 months since your dog received a heartworm treatment, please consult with your vet and get a blood test before using Sentinel.
What else do I need?
For flea and tick protection, use Frontline or Advantix every fortnight with your Sentinel Spectrum. For flea-only protection Comfortis or monthly Frontline or Advantix is recommended. Alternatively if you do see live adult fleas, consider giving a Capstar tablet as often as every 24 hours.